Good Friday is coming soon. I used to wonder why Christians call the anniversary of Jesus Christ’s death “Good” rather than “Bad” Friday. After all, on its face it doesn’t look right to celebrate the death of Jesus. People in the first century who followed Jesus, believing him to be the promised Messiah, were scandalized by his death. “Why did Jesus have to die? Wasn’t he the Lord of Life?” Mark Strom, author of The Symphony of Scripture, explains the scandal of God’s kingdom as the crucifixion of Jesus. Below is a slideshow based on chapter 15 of his book.
- Why Evolution Is True (Book Review)
- Worship That Pleases God - Isaiah 58:1-14
- Major Themes of the Gospels
- The Cost of Following Jesus Christ
- Westminster Shorter Catechism Flash Cards
- Homeschooling is NOT the Gospel
- Isaiah (Prophetic Profiles, Part 6)
- Amos (Prophetic Profiles, Part 4)
- My Experience with Modern Day "Apostles and Prophets"
- 251,121 hits