“The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” (Genesis 6:13)
Adam’s Children and the Flood
Family of Cain
- Sacrifice and the Escalation of Sin
- Wicked Lamech Flaunting Sin and Taking the Place of God
Family of Seth
- A New Son
- Godly Lamech Trusts in the LORD
- Seed Genealogies Compared and Contrasted
Gen 4:16-24; Gen 5:21-24, 28-31
The Flood and the Covenant of Promise
- Who are the Sons of God and the Daughters of Men?
- The Flood as Judgment and Re-creation
Gen 7:11-12; Gen 7:21-24; Gen 8:1b; Gen 8:16-17
- Noahic Covenant – God is Preserver, Man as Obedient and Caretaker
Gen 9:8-17 – Rainbow (Warrior’s Bow) as the Covenant Sign to all Flesh
- Contradictions in the Flood Account?
Gen 6:19-20 and Gen 7:2-3; Gen 7:4,12,17 and Gen 7:24
Chiasm and Typology
- Chiasm – Literary Device (Gen 6:10-9:19 as Chiasm)
- Types and Antitypes
Flood Judgment and Typology in Christ
- The Flood as a Type of Baptism into Christ – 1 Pet 3:20-22
- Judgment waters of the Flood = Baptismal waters into Christ’s death and resurrection.
- The Ark = Christ who bears the brunt of judgment, and 8 people are saved by being in the Ark (in Him).
- The world is righteously judged and condemned by God (Flood / The Last Day), but salvation comes from being found in the chosen vessel of deliverance (The Ark / Christ).
- Christ has born the brunt of the God the Father’s judgment, and we are saved by passing through the Judgment in Him. Praise God!
- Genesis 6-9: A Fractured Text? (John Yeo)
- The Structure of the Flood Story (Gordon Wenham)
- The Noahic Covenant (A.W. Pink)
- Covenant of Preservation: Noah and Abram (J. Ligon Duncan)
- A Study of Biblical Typology (Wayne Jackson)
- The Typical Significance of the Scriptures Declare Their Divine Authorship (A.W. Pink)
- Types of Christ (Paul Mizzi)
- Dictionary of Biblical Imagery (Various Authors)